On Wednesday mornings in April and May 2017, Kelsi Clark, Program Guide, will be leading one-hour, family-friendly hikes in the Town of Clifton Park!
Join us for guided hikes to several of Clifton Park’s nature preserves, and follow the clues in the “Passport to Nature” program to find Letterboxes located at different locales. This activity is perfect for parents/grandparents and their little ones, as each of these featured letterbox hikes is a mile or less in distance. Each participant will receive a Passport to Nature book and we will fill it out along the hike. Upon finding the great discovery of the letterbox, each hiker will stamp their passport, and be on their way toward earning a special pin from the Town’s Parks, Recreation & Community Affairs Department.
Upcoming Dates & Sites:
- April 5 Veterans Memorial Park — “Farmfields Growing Back to Nature”
- April 12 Vischer Ferry Nature & Historic Preserve — “Water, Water Everywhere”
- April 26 Mohawk Landing Nature Preserve — “Rivers and Cliffs of Clifton Park”
- May 3 Kinns Road Park — “Forests and Trails”
- May 10 Hayes Nature Park — “Small Creeks & Woods”
Time: 9:30 a.m. to approximately 10:30 a.m.
Fee: Free; pre-registration is required. Please register through the Parks & Recreation webpage at https://recs.egov.basgov.com/cliftonpark/User/Login .